WordPress Expert Special Offer: Free WordPress Installation, Free WordPress Development Consultation, Budget cut-off for your WordPress customization
Get your own domain name for $10 only! Get the cheapest web hosting for $6 a year, Free WordPress Installation, Free WordPress Development Consultation, Budget cut-off for your WordPress customization, and much more. Get free web hosting to test your website first. Just contact us and we will never charge any cost, and the best part is you can also get free WordPress installation and ready to used for your website. Start today! Get this special offer Now! Don’t waste your time, it’s only until end of this year!
Integrate WordPress and PHPBB3 loginsPosted on September 24th, 2010
- Job Type:
- Job Description:
I have an existing WordPress website and a PHPBB forum. Both of which are at the latest version.
Currently when they visit the WordPress homepage they can login. However, when they then go to the forum they need to login again.
I would like this integrated, so they only need to login to the website once. I have tried a few mods, such as WP-United, PHPBB single sign on, but nothing works properly, or provides much more features than I would like. I simply want the logins to be shared for the session across both platforms.
The options as far as I can see are:
1) Login to WordPress and within WordPress code authenticate user against PHPBB and set appropriate cookie/authentication.
2) Login to PHPBB and authenticate the user against WordPress and set the appropriate cookie/authentication.
3) Redirect from WordPress login -> phpBB login -> WordPress Members Page
4) Redirect from phpBB Login -> WordPress Authentication -> WordPress Members Page
5) Create a separate login page, independent of both, and send out the authentication to WordPress and PHPBB
This is a non-profit community website, so I would appreciate that this is taken into consideration.
Please provide me with a quote, timescale and your experience with similar work.
- How to Apply: