Dark Tuts WordPress ThemePosted on October 25th, 2010. Tagged with: Free, WordPress Themes.
Dark Tuts is another Free WordPress theme by AJ Clarke. This theme has a dark background design combined with some bright colors and thumbnail images to highlight the content. The overall layout and function of the theme is pretty basic and seo friendly.
Just to be clear, Dark Tuts does make use of the HTML5 doctype but doesn’t use any of the HTML tags such as <header><article> or <section>. The next theme will be based on the HTML5 reset code – so do stay tuned.
As with all the themes created, Dark Tuts has been released under the GPL license so you can do whatever you want with it.
You can add post thumbnails in 3 different ways!
- Add an image to a post and it will grab it automatically
- Use the custom field name post-image
- Use the new “featured image” in WordPress 3.0+
3 Color Schemes
Dark Tuts comes with 3 “color schemes” – blue (default), red and green. So basically when you switch to lets say red, anything that was blue becomes red and when you switch to green anything that was either blue or red becomes green. You can changed the color scheme via a drop-down box in the theme panel.
There is 1 advertisement spot on this theme by default and it is a 460×80 advertisement at the top which you can easily change via the theme panel. You can even enter your google adsense code for this spot.
Dark Tuts WordPress Theme Features
- 3 color schemes – blue, red and green
- Clean and valid code using HTML5 doctype
- Advertisement spot
- NEW Twitter Button on post pages
- 3 ways to add thumbnail images
- Drop-down navigation with super-fish
- Change post thumbnail size via theme panel
- Social Bookmarking icons
- About the author section
- Threaded comments with gravatars
- Works with the pagenavi plugin right out-of-the-box
- Optional extended footer with latest tweets and about section